Grumant (or Grumantbyen) was a Russian mining town in Spitsbergen, the largest of the Svalbard archipelago’s islands. It was founded in 1912 and abandoned in 1965. Colesbukta was originally a whaling station but served as port for Grumant. Both settlements were connected by a 6km long railway. The population peaked at 1,106 in 1951-1952.
Grumant and Colesbukta are abandoned now and the remains are suffering from the harsh conditions of the arctic climate.